[Dovecot] Fwd: LDAP subtree search on AD

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Jun 13 22:32:11 EEST 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-13 at 15:46 -0300, Bruno Puga wrote:
> With postfix using virtual_mailbox_maps through the same ldap backend, I can
> make subtree searchs in the Active Directory without problems.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> I really need this information and appreciate any help or new ideas!

I've no idea about Active Directory, or even all that much about LDAP.

> scope = subtree

This should however work, and it's also the default. It gets passed to
ldap_search() function correctly, so as far as I know there are no bugs
related to this.

Maybe you could check with eg. Wireshark if it supports LDAP protocol
and see what's different between what Dovecot sends and what Postfix
sends.