[Dovecot] Outlook 2003 - Disappearing favorite folders

Phillip T. George Phillip at StellarDreams.com
Thu Jun 14 23:19:22 EEST 2007

Scott Silva wrote:
> Phillip T. George spake the following on 6/14/2007 12:50 PM:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I'm having an issue with Outlook 2003, where favorite folders seem to
>> disappear.  Specifically, they are subfolders of the Inbox.  The Inbox
>> favorite folder stays there without a problem.  Any clues as to what the
>> problem may be?  With the previous IMAP server (courier I believe) this
>> wasn't a problem...so it leads me to believe that Dovecot might be the
>> problem.  I'm working with Dovecot 1.0.rc28
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Phillip
>>

> IMHO Outlook doesn't keep it's favorites folder on an imap server, it is
> stored locally.

Correct.  If I choose not to save the password, close Outlook, and open
it back up ... I can see the favorite folders links for the IMAP
subfolders.  After I put my password in, they disappear.

-Phillip