[Dovecot] Outlook 2003 - Disappearing favorite folders

Mark Richards mark.richards at massmicro.com
Thu Jun 14 23:46:56 EEST 2007

Phillip T. George wrote:
> Correct.  If I choose not to save the password, close Outlook, and open
> it back up ... I can see the favorite folders links for the IMAP
> subfolders.  After I put my password in, they disappear.

Did you try the "subscription" process to the folder?  Just a guess.  I
would agree that favorites aren't stored on the server but they do
depend upon the server being present.  One would think these would not
be present until you login rather than the other way around.

Frankly Outlook and IMAP sucks.  I switched to Thunderbird (giving up a
decent address book, calendar and palm sync) because as an email client
Outlook was useless.

/mark