[Dovecot] Looking for plugin docs

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Jun 15 22:00:30 EEST 2007

On Sat, 2007-06-16 at 00:25 +0530, Rajkumar S wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I had gone through the wiki, but could not find any page about writing
> new plugins. Any pointers towards plugin api/docs will be very
> helpful.

Unfortunately there isn't any plugin documentation currently. What kind
of a plugin do you want to write? Looking at the existing plugins is
probably the easiest way to get started. Also
src/lib-storage/mail-storage.h is the most important API if you're going
to access mailboxes.

The only plugin specific API is that Dovecot calls <plugin_name>_init()
at startup and <plugin_name>_deinit() when it unloads the plugin.
Everything else can uses the same APIs as Dovecot internally.