[Dovecot] 1st DOVECOT installation automatically quitting on login

Benton Haynes benton.haynes at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 20:38:11 EEST 2007

> In the x86 world you'll get SIGILL if you try to run Pentium M compiled
> code on a 586 platform, or SSE/MMX enabled code on a CPU which does not
> support these extended instruction sets.
>
> I don't know about PPCs, though.

I've read about  such troubles on  the PPC, but it looks like you have to
specify a different or "wrong" platform SDK.

When I built DOVECOT, I did not specify the platform.  From what I know,
DOVECOT's configured to determine the current, default platform correctly.

Based on the config.log, it seems to.

Thanks for the idea.  Hopefully others will chime in with some
troubleshooting tips as well.

Ben