[Dovecot] subdir disappeared

Luigi Rosa lrosa at hypertrek.info
Sun Jun 17 15:12:37 EEST 2007

Timo Sirainen said the following on 17/6/2007 12:06:

> These pretty clearly say that the new/ directory doesn't exist. I've no
> idea why, but since that's the INBOX I can't think of a way Dovecot
> could cause this.

Neither I.
I reported this issue because is VERY VERY strange. The Linux installation on
server is quite simple, there are half a dozen users and nobody puts his hands
on the server.
What drives me mad is that I cannot reproduce the error, nor I can relat the
error to anything.  :(

> And here you for some reason have a "cur/:2,ST" directory. This sounds
> like the new/ directory was renamed to cur/:2,
> Dovecot recreates the new/ directory again so this problem fixed itself
> the next time the mailbox was selected. Except the :2,ST directory
> doesn't get deleted unless you delete it manually.

BINGO! Your evaluation of the situation is 100% exact. The annoying side of this
situation is that the mailbox is unusable until the :2,ST directory is removed.

I am going to install 1.0.1, I hope that the things will get better.

Ciao,
luigi

--
/
+--[Luigi Rosa]--

F u cn rd ths, u cn gt a gd jb n cmptr prgrmmng.