[Dovecot] testing needed: log file concurrency

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Jun 20 20:59:28 EEST 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-20 at 20:11 +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-06-20 at 02:41 +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> > http://dovecot.org/tmp/concurrency.c
>
> You can forget about this for now. There was one bug in it and with a
> couple of changes I can't break it in my own system either anymore.
> Wonder why I'm seeing similar problems in Dovecot v1.1 code..

Looks like my brain processed the initial debugging results wrong and
this whole test was unneeded.

Fixed Dovecot: http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.0/rev/98cd45935799

Thanks anyway for testing, it showed that OSes don't return broken data
which is good.

If you still want to test, you can run the attached concurrency.c. It
shouldn't print any errors with any OS.