[Dovecot] LIST % not returning correct data?

Fri Jun 22 19:02:40 EEST 2007

J.Wendland at scan-plus.de, on 6/22/2007 11:14 AM, said the following:
> Hi list,
> I have
>
> namespace private {
>   prefix = INBOX.
>   separator = .
>   inbox = yes
> }
>
> in an installation migrated from courier. I am testing with Outlook
> Mobile 5 (OM) which uses 'LIST "" %' to get the folder list. Now
> courier used to return
>
>  * LIST (\HasChildren) "." "INBOX"
>
> whereas dovecot returns
>
>  * LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "INBOX"
>
> which is why OM failes to display any folder. Is this dovecot's failure
> or am I missing something here?

A shot in the dark... one thing I found when I was using Courier - to
get the namespace to display correctly (ie, subfolders not showing as
sub-folders of the Inbox), I had to set just 'INBOX' - no period - in
Thunderbird for the namespace prefix...

Maybe experiment with that? Try just 'INBOX' without the period?

--

Best regards,

Charles