[Dovecot] LIST % not returning correct data?

Phillip T. George Phillip at StellarDreams.com
Mon Jun 25 18:17:17 EEST 2007

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-06-22 at 17:14 +0200, J.Wendland at scan-plus.de wrote:
>
>> in an installation migrated from courier. I am testing with Outlook
>> Mobile 5 (OM) which uses 'LIST "" %' to get the folder list. Now
>> courier used to return
>>
>>  * LIST (\HasChildren) "." "INBOX"
>>
>> whereas dovecot returns
>>
>>  * LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "INBOX"
>>
>> which is why OM failes to display any folder. Is this dovecot's failure
>> or am I missing something here?
>>

> It's a bug. Fixed, sort of:
> http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.0/rev/f92ea3eed616
>
> I think I'll do yet another LIST rewrite for v1.1. It's unbelievably
> hard to get the logic right when you support multiple configurable
> namespaces..

This actually may be the same issue I was having with Outlook 2003
favorite folders.  Looks like Dovecot rdoes "HasNoChildren" for some
reason, whereas Courier does "HasChildren".

Thanks,
Phillip