[Dovecot] dovecot.conf authentication after Debian upgrade

Didier Misson didier.linux at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 19:41:00 EEST 2007

Bruno Puga a écrit :
> I don't know what are the exactly parameters changed from sarge to etch,
> but you can send us more detailed information changing this settings in
> your dovecot's conf:
> http://wiki.dovecot.org/Debugging/Authentication
>
> See this section to find out if you are looking for logs in the right
> place accordingly to you configuration.
> http://wiki.dovecot.org/Logging <http://wiki.dovecot.org/Logging>
>
> Send us the dovecot -n output instead of dovecot.conf.

Thanks for you reply Bruno ;-)

Between Sarge and Etch, many parameters changed between the 2 Dovecot
version ...

example :

imaps_listen = *   --->  replace by
---> replace by
protocol imap {
listen = 127.0.0.1:143
ssl_listen = *:993
}

of course, simply replacing the package version, and new Dovecot doesn't
run !

:-(

dovecot -n  (I discover this command today)

ks:/etc/dovecot# dovecot -n
# /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
base_dir: /var/run/dovecot/
log_timestamp: %Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S
listen: 127.0.0.1:143
ssl_listen: *:993
disable_plaintext_auth: no
login_dir: /var/run/dovecot/login
login_executable: /usr/lib/dovecot/imap-login
first_valid_uid: 1000
mail_extra_groups: mail
default_mail_env: maildir:~/Maildir
mail_location: maildir:~/Maildir
imap_client_workarounds: outlook-idle delay-newmail netscape-eoh
tb-extra-mailbox-sep
auth default:
  passdb:
    driver: passwd
  userdb:
    driver: passwd

I will try to read the documentation on the authentication debugging.

Thanks a lot for your help.

;-)

--
Didier