[Dovecot] dovecot.conf authentication after Debian upgrade

Didier Misson didier.linux at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 21:18:45 EEST 2007

Bruno Puga a écrit :

> but you can send us more detailed information changing this settings in
> your dovecot's conf:
> http://wiki.dovecot.org/Debugging/Authentication
>
> See this section to find out if you are looking for logs in the right
> place accordingly to you configuration.
> http://wiki.dovecot.org/Logging <http://wiki.dovecot.org/Logging>
>
> Send us the dovecot -n output instead of dovecot.conf.

I read this documentation about Authentication and Logging debuggind.

I add :

auth_debug=yes
auth_debug_passwords=yes

---------------------------
for this test, I change my password = "MyPasswd"
(and I change again after)
My client is Thunderbird on Ubuntu 7.04

in /var/log/syslog

dovecot: auth(default): client in:
AUTH^I1^IPLAIN^Iservice=IMAP^Isecured^Ilip=87.98.98.98^Irip=212.71.11.157
dovecot: auth(default): client out: CONT^I1^I
dovecot: auth(default): client in: CONT^I1^IAGRpZGllcgBNeVBhc3N3ZA==
dovecot: auth(default): passwd(didier,212.71.11.157): password mismatch
dovecot: auth(default): client out: FAIL^I1^Iuser=didier

I try to check myself :

printf 'didier\didier\MyPasswd' | mmencode
ZGlkaWVyXGRpZGllclxNeVBhc3N3ZA==

The end seem to be the same...
Is it correct ?

So why Dovecot don't accept my password ?
Dovecot or Debian ? ...

I don't know what I can check more...

Thanks

;-)