[Dovecot] Can't see public folder contents after renaming folder

Robert Fraser rab.fraser at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 07:34:12 EEST 2007

Hi

We are using Thunderbird 2.0.0.x (Linux and Windows) with IMAP accounts
against Dovecot 1.0.beta3 on Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper with Maildir.

It is all working well except when we rename a folder in the public
namespace, the person who renames it can no longer see the contents of the
folder.  If we rename it back to the original name , the person can see the
contents again.

If we delete the files in the index directory for that folder on the file
system, the user can see the folder contents again.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Many thanks
Rob

Relevant dovecot.conf details follow

-------------------------------
default_mail_env = maildir:~/.Mail

namespace private {
   separator = /
   inbox = yes
}

namespace public {
  separator = /
  prefix = Public/
  location =
maildir:/home/mail/public:CONTROL=~/.Mail/control/public:INDEX=~/.Mail/index/public
}

maildir_copy_with_hardlinks = yes
umask = 0007