[Dovecot] IMAP IDLE goes to sleep

Julian Cowley julian+dovecot at lava.net
Thu Jun 28 04:37:21 EEST 2007

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-06-27 at 14:46 +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:
>> I don't understand why you have so many "OK Still here" notifications
>> there though. They're sent 2 minutes apart from each others, but between
>> EXISTS/EXPUNGE there should be max. 1 minute. Wonder if there's a bug in
>> timeout handling code..
>
> Looks like the connection should have been disconnected. Fixed:
> http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.0/rev/111275296af5

Looks like this has fixed the problem.  I've been connected using IDLE
mode for most of the day here, and I haven't seen it get into a situation
where it stops sending notifications.

In addition, it does indeed disconnect after about 30 minutes -- something
that I vaguely noticed it wasn't doing before.  Now that I think about it,
the original problem started happening after about 30 minutes into the
session.  Guess this makes sense as it is all related.

Thanks very much for the fix!