[Dovecot] lda and mail_location

Mark Edwards mark at antsclimbtree.com
Thu Jun 28 23:20:42 EEST 2007

On Jun 28, 2007, at 1:12 PM, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> On 28.6.2007, at 23.10, Mark Edwards wrote:
>
>>> For v1.1 I'll add new global mail_uid and mail_gid settings. Then
>>> if you
>>> use them userdb won't be needed.
>>
>> I am using user_global_uid and user_global_gid, and so there is no
>> reason for userdb to return uid and gid ini my case, in fact I
>> have it set to return only home, and that's only to avoid the error.
>
> But the user_global_uid/gid are in your dovecot-ldap.conf, so it's
> your userdb ldap that is still returning them. :)

Well, at the risk of pushing this needlessly... not explicitly
setting the user_attrs in dovecot-ldap.conf shouldn't cause errors,
as long as the necessary information is present.  In my case, uid,
gid, mail, and home are all set in other places, and yet I still have
to have user_attrs defined.  It might be nit-picking, but it is
confusing and makes it a little hard to figure out what settings are
actually affecting my setup.

Anyway, thanks again.

--
Mark Edwards