[Dovecot] Copyright notices in code

DINH Viêt Hoà dinh.viet.hoa at free.fr
Fri Jun 29 18:30:34 EEST 2007

On 6/29/07, Trever L. Adams <trever.adams at gmail.com> wrote:
> Timo Sirainen wrote:
> > I thought about committing this change to all .c files:
> >
> > Removed all Copyright Timo Sirainen comments. They weren't always
> > correct and the year numbers were rarely updated when something was
> > changed. Copyright is owned by the creator by default in practically all
> > countries, there's no need to advertise it everywhere.
> >
> > Can anyone think of reasons why this wouldn't be a good idea?
>
> It is always a good idea to spell out the copyright anyway. Besides, you
> can't gaurantee that no one will use one file somewhere else, before
> long the question of ownership and license becomes an issue if these
> aren't spelled out in each file.

anyway, if someone use the file somewhere else, the copyright can be edited :)
Personally, I think that a up-to-date file named 'COPYRIGHT' or
something like that should be sufficient. (though, I care only about
nice code and good architecture and don't care about boring licence
stuff...).

--
DINH Viêt Hoà