[Dovecot] Stopping certain users from using IMAP, or POP3, etc.

David Craigon david.craigon at griffin.com
Fri Mar 2 13:02:07 EET 2007

Hi there,
    I'm building a mail system for an ISP. We want to be able to turn on
or off IMAP or POP3 access for certain customers- basically we want to
be able to offer a customer POP3 access, unless they pay us some more
money, in which case they get IMAP

The username and password will remain the same, and are driven out of a
postgres database. The best way I've though of doing this so far is by
defining separate auth systems for IMAP and POP. Is this the best way?

A gold star is available if you can think of a way that if they try and
use IMAP but haven't paid for it it rejects them with "Give us all your
money..." or some such.

Thanks very much for your help,
    David

Griffin Information Systems Ltd
20 St Christopher's Way,
Pride Park,
Derby
DE24 8JY
www.griffin.com <http://www.griffin.com/>

Registered in England and Wales. Company Registration Number: 3676297.