[Dovecot] dovecot with postfifx with 200 users in /etc/passwd as local user

Gerard gerard at seibercom.net
Sat Mar 3 19:24:18 EET 2007

On Saturday March 03, 2007 at 02:07:30 (PM) Miler Alberto Garcia Villanueva wrote:

> hi for all, someone have any experiencie with dovecot and postfix with 200
> users in /etc/passwd as local user? is a funcionatly, or have some errors in
> the future?, and how the users can change they passwords?, now for change
> passowrd I have to use the #passwd usuerx and to add a user # adduser,   the
> populars commando, please some recomendation?

I am assuming that these users have system accounts. Is that really
necessary? Could you use "virtual domains / non-unix accounts" to handle
them instead? You could employ MySQL with Postfix and Dovecot to easily
handle that chore.

http://www.postfix.com/VIRTUAL_README.html

--
Gerard

        "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is
        beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the
        wheel goes not go nearly as well with pizza!"

            Dave Barry