[Dovecot] imap core dump with rc25

Nicolas STRANSKY Nico at stransky.cx
Tue Mar 6 18:28:38 EET 2007

Le 06.03.2007 17:10, Timo Sirainen a écrit :

>> Mar  5 00:52:31 rouge dovecot: IMAP(XXXXXX): Maildir
>> /home/XXXXXX/Mail/.Sent sync: UID < next_uid (1 < 2, file =
>> 1173024945.P2421Q0M874108.rouge:2,S)
>
> Any idea how to reproduce these? It seems that it still happens for some
> people, but I can't really see why.

Sorry, no idea how to reproduce it. The user has read his mails many
times since it happened and it didn't reproduce the segfault.

> Unfortunately this backtrace is broken. Did you get it against the exact
> same imap binary that produced the core?

Well, yes, I'm sure that I got it against the exact same binary that
produced the core.

command used was : gdb /usr/lib/dovecot/imap /home/XXXXX/core

And /usr/lib/dovecot/imap was not updated nor changed since the corefile
was produced.

... Well. Unless /usr/lib/dovecot/imap is not the binary that produced
the core, of course :)

Best regards,
--
Nico
La publicité, c'est la science qui consiste à interrompre