[Dovecot] Time moving backwards error

Emmett Pate epate at williamewood.com
Wed Mar 7 15:22:38 EET 2007

I'm running dovecot on an OpenBSD 3.7 server and after upgrading to
RC25, the daemon started exiting with:

    Fatal: Time just moved backwards (1173221579 -> 1173221578)! This
might cause a lot of problems, so I'll just kill myself now.

After upgrading to RC26, I've gotten the error:

    Error: Time just moved backwards by 1 seconds. I'll sleep now until
we're back in present.

Occasionally, however, it's followed by:

    Fatal: Sleep interrupted, byebye.

The server is running NTP, but I can't find any reason why it would have
to roll the clock back a second so often.  Until I get this figured out,
I've gone back to RC19.

Any ideas?  Thanks.

--
Emmett "Buddy" Pate