[Dovecot] 1.0.rc26 released

Dan Price dp at eng.sun.com
Thu Mar 8 23:50:36 EET 2007

On Thu 08 Mar 2007 at 10:09PM, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> Do you have login_process_per_connection=yes? If so, they're probably
> proxying SSL connections.

Ahh.  Ok.  I didn't have SSL in the pilot.  Should I set
login_process_per_connection=no?  I don't know the best practice here,
I took what I thought was the default setting.

> Hmm. I don't think I've seen this assert-crash before. If it's happening
> often, compiling without -O2 might help more in debugging it.

Ok, done.  I'll see if it happens again.

> Looks like I didn't finish fixing the endianess conversion problems.
> http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot-cvs/2007-March/007997.html should fix
> them so that it only complains "Corrupted index cache
> dovecot.index.cache: indexid changed"

Thanks!

> >         Error: IMAP(foobar): file client.c: line 412 (_client_input): assertion failed: (!client->handling_input)
>
> Any chance of getting gdb backtrace from this?

I'll see if I can find it.  I've been monkeying with adding DTrace
probes to Dovecot (patch forthcoming, I am hopeful) and was slightly
afraid I caused this-- let me see if it happens again tonight, when we
add more users.

        -dp

--
Daniel Price - Solaris Kernel Engineering - dp at eng.sun.com - blogs.sun.com/dp