[Dovecot] Dovecot vs Couir-IMAP

Frank Doege fdoege at network-steps.de
Fri Mar 9 11:52:23 EET 2007

Hi,

i also use courier-imap in a bigger configuration with database access
and everything normally used. Iam actually planning to switch to
dovecot, courier looks for me not very well implemented, the
documentation lacks many features and its not very performant in large
environment, client actions are often consuming 99% of the cpu where the
process is running, so if you only have a uniprocessor machine it could
easy get critical.

I have not yet tested dovecot in productive environment but i will do
this soon, i will report the result if requested.

With the configuration of courier i had never any problem, so from that
ni cant prove your experience.

Frank