[Dovecot] dovecot and pine tab-completion

Kyle Wheeler kyle-dovecot at memoryhole.net
Sat Mar 10 22:08:56 EET 2007

Hello,

So, I'm migrating from Binc to Dovecot, and one of my users has run
into an odd complaint/issue. I don't know that it's a Dovecot issue
necessarily, but maybe the people here know a fix anyway...

The problem is that pine tab-completion now appends a "." to the end
of folders that have sub-folders. In other words, say the user has
these folders:

     INBOX
     INBOX.foo
     INBOX.foo.bar

When he types in INBOX.f and hits tab, for some reason Pine completes
that to:

     INBOX.foo.

Note the "." on the end. This is annoying, because then to get into
foo he has to hit the delete key first. With the Binc server, the
delimiter was /, and INBOX/foo/ was a perfectly legitimate folder name
(so he could just hit return).

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to fix this?

~Kyle
--
There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot,
jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.