[Dovecot] in memory indexes?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Mar 11 18:45:56 EET 2007

On Sun, 2007-03-11 at 17:23 +0100, Daniel wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > RCS file: /home/cvs/dovecot/src/lib-index/mail-index.c,v
> > Working file: src/lib-index/mail-index.c
> > revision 1.268
> > date: 2007-03-11 16:10:42 +0000;  author: tss;  state: Exp;  lines: >
> > +8 -5;  commitid: yo3GJUvm1yKgLG9s;
> > If we run out of disk space, move to in-memory indexes.
>

> I just saw the commit. Is this a "solution" for the Quota/FS problem,
> the problem which occurs when the quota is full, and dovecot can not
> update it's index files?

Yes. It seems to work quite nicely with my maildir stress tests, but
with mbox I'm still getting errors. I'll try to get those fixed.

With maildir there's still the problem of dovecot-uidlist file. I
haven't yet even tried to make it do something sensible when it can't be
written. I'm not sure if I'll bother. (In my tests I kept the control
files in a different partition.)