[Dovecot] separate partition for index/uidlist

Daniel leva at az.isten.hu
Sun Mar 11 20:17:25 EET 2007

2007. March 11. 18:53, Timo Sirainen:
> On Sun, 2007-03-11 at 18:40 +0100, Daniel wrote:
> > What's a safe place for the separate index and uidlist files? I am
> > planning to configure Quota/FS. Can they reside under dovecot's
> > basedir? Is this a good idea?
>
> Dovecot's base_dir is usually under /var/run, which some OSes delete
> at boot. So it's not a very good location for it.
>
> > Does it have any significance where I put those files?
>
> No. Some people use eg. /var/indexes.
If I have the mail_chroot config parameter set to some dir in the config
file and have the home directories set up with /./ ends in the userdb
file, do I have to create the directory which holds the index/uidlist
files under that chroot dir? Now it seems dovecot can not find the
directory which is outside of the chroot (I thought that dovecot opens
the index files before it chroots).

Daniel