[Dovecot] error with virtual users

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Mar 13 15:40:00 EET 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-13 at 14:09 +0100, Antonio Casado Rodríguez wrote:
> mail_location: maildir:/var/spool/mail/%n

So you set the mail location.

>   userdb:
>     driver: passwd

But your userdb also returns a home directory.

> >> deliver(xxuser): Mar 13 11:36:49 Error:
> >> open(/home/xxuser/.temp.alboran.24421.63c6890e35b613e8) failed: No such
> >> file or directory

If /home/user doesn't exist, how about you change your passwd file to
point users' home directories to /var/spool/mail/user/home? It's good
for users to have home directories.

This error happens because deliver wants to create a "duplicate
database" to home directory when sending mail rejects. Hmm. I'm not
actually sure why it does that. I only added that because that's how it
was in Cyrus's implementation, but looks like it's completely pointless
to do it. Removed:
http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot-cvs/2007-March/008106.html