[Dovecot] Timed Out or Disconnect Errors on emails with attachments

Tudor Holton tudor at athsvic.org.au
Wed Mar 14 02:49:11 EET 2007

dovecot-request at dovecot.org wrote:

> On Tue, 2007-03-13 at 16:35 +1100, Tudor Holton wrote:
>
>> I've migrated our Maildir system from Courier-IMAP-SSL to Dovecot with
>> SSL and now we're getting "Connection to <server> Timed Out" errors when
>> sending mail with attachments.  The mail gets sent, however it doesn't
>> save the mail in the user's "Sent" folder.
>>

> What OS is Dovecot running in? What Dovecot version? What configure
> options? There have been bugs related to this, but I thought they were
> all fixed.

I apologise, I just realised that I hadn't included that information.

The server is a current Ubuntu Edgy Box.  It has Dovecot 1.0rc2.  I now
see there have been 25 rc's since then.  (Yikes!)  So I guess I should
be complaining upstream.

I did search the net for several weeks, however, and found no mention of
this problem, even in the Dovecot wiki or mailing list archive.  So if
you say it's fixed, then I'll put something in the wiki to that effect
and go badger the Ubuntu guys for an upgrade. :-)

Cheers,
Tudor.