[Dovecot] Variable %h not recognized in userdb_mail (passwd-file)

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Mar 14 16:46:16 EET 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-14 at 15:31 +0100, Michal Soltys wrote:
> Timo Sirainen wrote:
> > On Wed, 2007-03-14 at 14:36 +0100, Michal Soltys wrote:
> >> As in subject, if you for instance create a simple passwd-file with:
> >>
> >> test at domain.tld:{plain}pass:20000:10::/home/regular/.test::userdb_mail=maildir:%h/maildir
> >>
> >> Dovecot (rc23 & 27) will expand %h to empty string, and try to make a
> >> directory under /
> >
> > Looks like the expansion was done too early. Fixed:
> > http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot-cvs/2007-March/008128.html
>
> Now dovecot both expands %h and treats it literally, creating following
> directory: /home/regular/.test/%h/maildir

I'm not sure why it would do this. The dovecot master should expand the
mail environment once more, so %h should have expanded. It also worked
in my tests..

Anyway, after thinking about this for a while I think the change is
wrong anyway, so I reverted it. I think the solution for now is just to
not use %h, since dovecot-auth can't expand it and it's not that simple
to add the code to do that.

Do you see %h elsewhere in Wiki than in MailLocation? I changed that
now.