[Dovecot] Issue with pop3 & phpList

Nils Vogels nivo+sender+9bb457 at is-root.com
Wed Mar 14 17:14:23 EET 2007

On Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 07:17:31AM -0700, Chris Harner (CH) wrote:
CH> were too many login attempts.  Does dovecot have a default
CH> username/password?  How do I set up a username and password?

No, dovecot uses various plugins for authentication and authorization of users
with passwords that belong to them. My guess is that it would be best for you
to create a user on your dovecot box specially for phplist, most likely
dovecot's default authentication configuration will work just fine for you.

CH> Is there a special way to just have the pop3 portion of Dovecot load?  I
CH> went through the config file and took out some of the #'s like the docs
CH> said.  Thanks!

Disabling the "protocol imap" section should get you started.
Don't forget to enable pop3 as well!

Gr,

Nils

--