[Dovecot] deliver to subfolder with dovecot's LDA

Koen Vermeer koen at vermeer.tv
Mon Mar 19 20:28:43 EET 2007

Op ma, 19-03-2007 te 15:50 +0200, schreef Timo Sirainen:
> So you are using static userdb? I'm not sure how this could be fixed.
> Especially if you're using passdb PAM + userdb static it could be
> impossible for Dovecot to verify if the user exists (I don't think
> PAM_USER_UNKNOWN reply can be relied on, plus it could do 2 second
> delays for each user "lookup" because the password is wrong). With other
> passdbs it would be possible, but that's again userdb static specific so
> I don't think I'll bother..
>
> But yes, I could mention this in LDA's wiki page.

Yes, my setup is like this:

  passdb passwd-file {
    args = /var/mail/vhosts/vermeer.tv/shadow
  }

  userdb static {
    args = uid=1002 gid=1002 home=/var/mail/vhosts/%d/homes/%n/
mail=maildir:/var/mail/vhosts/%d/%n/
  }

The required data is there: The shadow-file contains a list of valid
usernames. It would be nice to have something like an extra option for
userdb static to tell it to have a look in this list and see if a user
exists. Maybe a 'userlist = /var/mail/vhosts/vermeer.tv/shadow' entry or
something like that. Running a database just for this purpose seems to
be a bit too much...

Thanks!

Koen