[Dovecot] Adding ", S=size" to new message files when using "dirsize"

Rich, Whidbey Telecom richs at whidbey.net
Tue Mar 20 01:37:38 EET 2007

When APPENDing new message files to an IMAP Maildir, Dovecot 1.0 rc27
can be configured to add ",S=size" to the filename.  That allows it
to be calculated with the "dirsize" quota plugin (and MTA's such as
Exim).

However, Dovecot only seems to do that when the "maildir" quota
plugin is specified (from "quota-maildir.c"):

                 /* For newly generated filenames add ,S=size. */
                 storage->save_size_in_filename = TRUE;

Shouldn't "save_size_in_filename" be included in "quota-dirsize.c",
since "dirsize" is the one that actually needs "S="?

Maybe I'm missing something?  Here're some relevant parts of our test
config:

--
mail_location = maildir:/var/mail/%u/Maildir:INDEX=MEMORY
maildir_copy_with_hardlinks = yes

protocol imap {
   mail_executable = /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/rawlog /usr/local/
libexec/dovecot/imap
   mail_plugins = quota imap_quota
   imap_client_workarounds = delay-newmail outlook-idle
}

plugin {
   quota = dirsize:storage=10240
}