[Dovecot] a <blush> build/install question

Peter Hessler phessler at theapt.org
Tue Mar 20 19:09:06 EET 2007

On 2007 Mar 20 (Tue) at 13:04:05 -0400 (-0400), Stewart Dean wrote:
:Thanks, Troy......
:but it looks to me like you're compiling on your production machine,
:no?  Which I have decided not to do, since leaving a compiler on them
:means that people that manage to break in can do nastier things....

Because its so difficult to install a compiler?  Or even to install
your own binaries?  This "defense" does not actually gain you anything,
but makes it harder for you to defend against attacks.

--
"I'd love to go out with you, but my favorite commercial is on TV."