[Dovecot] Thanks!

Kyle Wheeler kyle-dovecot at memoryhole.net
Wed Mar 21 06:01:01 EET 2007

Hello,

I just recently switched my system from a BincIMAP/vpopmail to a
Dovecot/vpopmail system, and I have to say: thanks!

There were really only two things I had to patch Dovecot to do: first,
provide statistics on network usage, and second, to allow folders to
be LIST'd/SELECT'd/etc. with a trailing separator (to satisfy my pine
users). If anyone's interested, I can generate a patch for that
stuff.

Other than that, it's been a real breeze. Dovecot is really simple to
configure, and is faaaaaaaast! We have a kind of a wonky setup
(multiple domains, multiple SSL keys, etc.) and Dovecot hasn't gotten
mad even once. Timo, thanks a bunch, it's an excellent piece of
software.

~Kyle
--
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn
disinclination to do so.