[Dovecot] lock file on embedded device

burolib burolib at libero.it
Wed Mar 21 19:45:20 EET 2007

Hi.

That's my first post. it's driving me crazy.

I'm trying to get dovecot working with vpopmail on Openwrt, an embedded linux-like OS for some routers . So actually my aim looks like get dovecot working with little hardware resources (32 MB of Ram, 8 MB of disk mem.)

I've cross compiled it well(it looks like).

the login against vpopmail works.

using mmap it cannot even select the inbox, the log says:

 Error: IMAP(test at fabri-fibra.org): file_dotlock_create() failed with file
/home/vpopmail/domains/mydomain.org/test/Maildir/dovecot.index.log: No such file or directory

And an impressive Kernel page fault:

Mar 21 17:38:48 (none) kern.alert kernel: Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 00000008, epc == 8004cce8, ra == 8004cc34
Mar 21 17:38:48 (none) kern.warn kernel: Oops in fault.c::do_page_fault, line 206:

etc etc... even this error: Mar 21 17:38:48 (none) kern.crit kernel: ASSERTION FAILED: file->f_dentry != NULL at aux.c:120 (check_mini_fo_file)

With mmap disabled i can select the inbox and read/write just the first time since  any new attempt get stucked because the file dovecot-uidlist.lock was not removed.

more details:
dovecot: Mar 21 17:13:34 Warning: IMAP(test at fabri-fibra.org): Our dotlock file /home/vpopmail/domains/mydomain.org/test/Maildir/dovecot-uidlist.lock was overridden
(kept it 0 secs)

By the way my file system is a jffs, and my disk has 500K left.

I will appreciate any tips.

Fabrizio.