[Dovecot] maildirsize problem?

Alan Mosca [Aluminati] alan at aluminati.net
Fri Mar 23 11:33:28 EET 2007

Hello all,

  Recently I have received a few complaints from users that their quota
was being reported wrong. This seems to have started when I switched to
quota=maildir and ignore=Trash (did both at the same time). The main
reported problem is that maildirsize is not correctly updated when they
delete messages. My personal hypothesis is something like this:

  - User moves to Trash
  - Trash is ignored so it is not marked on the maildirsize (?)
  - User purges trash
  - Trash is still ignored so it is still not marked (?)

Resulting in a buildup of errors in the maildirsize file. Would it be a
good idea to mark the maildirsize file when a file is moved to an
ignored folder? That could though potentially lead to people just moving
to trash instead of deleting.

Thank you guys and keep up the good work!

--
  Alan Mosca
  Systems Administrator