[Dovecot] 1.0.rc28 / v1.0 plans

John Peacock jpeacock at rowman.com
Fri Mar 23 19:45:46 EET 2007

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> I'll probably release 1.0.rc28 in a few days. Would be nice to get some
> testing for it first. http://dovecot.org/nightly/dovecot-latest.tar.gz
> contains pretty much what it's supposed to be.

Downloaded and started testing -

> 	- vpopmail support didn't compile in rc27

I can already confirm that this works again in 28-to-be...

FWIW, I think that the default dovecot-sample.conf should not have PAM
support enabled by default (just comment it out).  When I applied by
local diffs to the new conf file, I missed out on that and had to
immediately edit it out in order to bring up dovecot; not a big deal but
the sample configuration should more or less work out of the box for an
absolutely minimal configuration (and some limited definition of "work")...

John

--
John Peacock
Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group