[Dovecot] Multiple delivery with LDA+sieve

John Robinson john.robinson at anonymous.org.uk
Sun Mar 25 17:22:33 EEST 2007

On 25/03/2007 15:12, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> I guess this duplicate checking could be done, but I wouldn't want it
> enabled by default.

You've got to be careful anyway, these so-called duplicates often come
via different routes (e.g. directly and via a mailing list), may have
been processed differently over those routes (e.g. have had attachments
stripped), can't be trusted to have useful addressee fields, and won't
necessarily arrive in the same order every time, so any rules for
de-duplicating really have to be left to the mailbox owner and can't
safely be applied server-wide.

Just my 0.02 currency units of your choice.

Cheers,

John.