[Dovecot] Unwanted INBOX. prefix issues

Christian Skarby christian.skarby at interhost.no
Mon Mar 26 09:51:05 EEST 2007

Den 26-03-2007 08:29, Kevin Bowling skrev:
> I have a strange problem.  I installed Dovecot and had my trash folder and
> such in the root of my maildir, and everything was working great.  I then
> installed SquirrelMail which created folders in with the INBOX. prefix.  I
> manually removed these from the maildir, but the INBOX.Trash is still shown
> in the folder listing of Thunderbird.  This leads to some strange behavior,
> such as the delete button not working.  Is there a way I can reset the
> folder list, and take the INBOX.* items out?  Any help would be
> appreciated.

Check the subscriptions file in your maildir - remove any references to
folders which are not present, or that you do not want to appear as
default on your imap clients.

Further there might be some caching on your Thunderbird client, so if it
doesn't help removing the entries from the subscription file - try to
open thunderbird, right-click on the imap account, and choose the
upper-most choice (in Norwegian it says "Meld inn", which probably
originally/in English is "Subscribe" or something similar.) - Make sure
to uncheck the checkboxes behind any folders which you do not want to
subscribe to (I believe this might alter you subscribtions file also on
the server, not sure though.) - Anyway, I've seen some glitches in some
versions of Thunderbird where duplicate folders are shown on start up,
and the there is a refresh and the duplicates are gone.

Hope this helps :)

--
Regards,
Christian