[Dovecot] Rpm builders: Dovecot spec file

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Mar 26 12:35:08 EEST 2007

On Mon, Mar 26, 2007 at 11:03:01AM +0200, Egbert Jan wrote:
> Maybe best asked to Axel...
>
> I'm re-building my server from scratch (the old one was MDK 10.1 -> Mandriva
> 2006.0 with Postfix/Courier) and I want to install the latest versions
> postfix/mysql/postfixadmin/dovecot/squirrelmail.
>
> I've been building Dovecot (and postfix) from tarballs/srpm in the past so I
> know more or less how it all fits together. But I wonder if 'old' patches
> still need to be included/applied in the building of the latest rc's. I
> still see references to those patches in the spec file.
>
> Unfortunately the latest 'official' rpm for Mandriva (I'm running 2007.0) is
> rc7 and I never succeeded getting in contact with the Mandriva maintainer to
> ask the same question.

Check out cooker, they seem to be at rc26:
http://archives.mandrivalinux.com/changelog/2007-03/msg01539.php

> In the Axel's AT rpm I still see some patches included but others
> than in the Mandriva rc7 spec file. Are those patches not already
> applied to the latest sources by Timo?

The patches are too distribution specific like setting cert paths,
choosing locking mechanisms and so on.

I would pick the latest Mandriva package ("cooker") and replace the
source tarball. If the patches don't apply, check to see whether they
are still neccessary and need readjustment or can be removed.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net