[Dovecot] compiling dovecot on aix gcc 3.3.2

Ralf Becker beckerr at fh-trier.de
Tue Mar 27 11:34:58 EEST 2007

Hello!

Have you tried to export all symbols defined in lib archives generated
while dovecot is build? I've had this problem on aix with xlC and solved
it by writing an compiler script for doing that.

See
    http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2007-February/019226.html
and
    http://wiki.dovecot.org/AixPluginsSupport

Regards, Ralf

Timo Sirainen schrieb am 26.03.2007 21:08:
> On Mon, 2007-03-26 at 09:24 +0300, funkypunky drunky wrote:
>> I pasted the output of gdb. I hope it is usefull. Thanx
>>
>> This GDB was configured as "powerpc-ibm-aix5.1.0.0"...
>> Core was generated by `imap'.
>> Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation fault.
>> #0  0xd1a468cc in i_malloc ()
>>    from /usr/local/lib/dovecot/imap/lib10_quota_plugin.so
>> (gdb) bt full
>> #0  0xd1a468cc in i_malloc ()
>>    from /usr/local/lib/dovecot/imap/lib10_quota_plugin.so
>> No symbol table info available.
>> #1  0xd1a47cc8 in quota_init () at quota.c:32
>
> So it crashes at the first Dovecot function it tries to call. Perhaps
> the imap binary isn't exporting the symbols, or something like that.
> I've no idea. Anyway it is most likely related to some linking or
> compiling flags (or the linker/compiler itself).

 Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Ralf Becker     Rechenzentrum (r/ft) der FH Trier
 (Network|Mail|Web|Firewall)           University of applied sciences
 Administrator                           Schneidershof, D-54293 Trier

 Mail: beckerr at fh-trier.de                      Fon: +49 651 8103 499
 WWW:  http://www.fh-trier.de/~beckerr          Fax: +49 651 8103 214
 PGP:  http://www.fh-trier.de/~beckerr/pgp      ICQ: <available>