[Dovecot] ignoring some subfolders [potential wishlist]

Arkadiusz Miskiewicz arekm at pld-linux.org
Wed Mar 28 11:49:36 EEST 2007

Hello

I'm looking at migration path from my current setup (tpop3d/courier-imap) and
I seem to miss one feature - ability to ignore some subfolders for pop3.

tpop3d allows me to say:
maildir-ignore-folders: Spam Trash trash Sent sent-mail POP3-Invisible
(would be stupid to fetch own sent-mail via pop3 again 8-)

In recent tpop3d cvs version I can also use regexps like
maildir-ignore-folders: ^IMAP-Only.*$.

Is it possible to ignore some subfolders in dovecot per protocol (like for
pop3 only and not imap) ?

If not then please consider this as wishlist, maybe in form of location
negation like:

mail_location = \ maildir:/var/mail/%Lu:!maildir:/var/mail/%Lu/.Something
(which doesn't look sane) or with separate config directive like in tpop3d

--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz        PLD/Linux Team