[Dovecot] Version numbering

Wed Mar 28 13:04:02 EEST 2007

>> Why not just put actual (stable) releases in the "releases/" directory, and
>> put the "unstable" releases in another directory (unstable, testing, or
>> some such).

> I think this is the easier way. If it's clear that unstable is unstable (i.e.:
> not to be used in production), version numbering is not a problem.

+1

I don't like either a) or b), and would prefer the above - stable
releases are marked as that, and unstable releases are in a separate
directory - so someone has to intentionally go and get them if they want
them.

Actually, I would even prefer something like:

stable
unstable
nightly

where the unstable are actually specific nightlies that Timo considers
ready for testing (kind of like all of these rc's), and the nightlies
are just that - for those that like living on the edge - use at own
risk, no guarantees, blah blah.

My .02 clad coins worth...

--

Best regards,