[Dovecot] PAM auth problem

John Robinson john.robinson at anonymous.org.uk
Wed Mar 28 20:02:14 EEST 2007

On 28/03/2007 17:32, Taras Savchuk wrote:
> In FreeBSD pam_group does exactly what I want:

Oh, sorry, didn't know you were on *BSD but I suppose I shouldn't have
assumed Linux. In Linux-PAM, pam_wheel's documentation is very similar
to your pam_group, with the addition of an option:

use_uid
     The check for wheel membership will be done against the current uid
instead of the original one (useful when jumping with su from one
account to another for example).

It would be useful with Dovecot too, because you don't want your
pam_group checking Dovecot's group membership - and this may be why it's
not working for you. If you have a pam_succeed_if or equivalent, perhaps
you could try that.

Cheers,

John.