[Dovecot] odd behavior with Dovecot LDA

Steven F Siirila sfs at tc.umn.edu
Wed Mar 28 21:42:16 EEST 2007

On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 11:02:28PM +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On 27.3.2007, at 22.40, Steven F Siirila wrote:
>
> >For the first test, there was no $HOME/.imap directory at all.
> >I received the vacation message, but the message which was supposed
> >to be delivered locally queued in Postfix (temporary failure).
>
> Fixed: http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot-cvs/2007-March/008382.html

In rc28 or the upcoming rc29?

> >For the second test, I created $HOME/.imap and $HOME/.imap/INBOX
> >directories with the owner and group set to that of the user (just
> >to make sure the code handled things the same).  Again, I received
> >the vacation message, but the message which was supposed to be
> >delivered locally bounced back to me after Dovecot LDA crashed:
> >
> ><syst0005 at peridot.tc.umn.edu>: Command died with status 139: "/opt/
> >dovecot/libexec/dovecot/deliver -f "$SENDER"". Command output:
> >Segmentation Fault
>
> Could you get gdb backtrace? Although it's possible that it's already
> fixed. I can't reproduce any out-of-quota problems with current CVS
> code.

I have been trying to get a core, but haven't succeeded thus far.  I have
set "mail_drop_priv_before_exec = yes", but I'm not sure this applies to
the LDA...  I ran a find to locate the core, but there isn't one.  I do
have "ulimit -c unlimited" in effect, too.

> You could also try running it manually:
>
> echo hello | deliver -d username

Doing so yields this error:

Mar 28 13:41:37 myhostname deliver(myuser): net_connect(/var/opt/dovecot/run/dovecot/auth-master) failed: No such file or directory

Not sure how my environment is different than when Postfix calls deliver...

--

Steven F. Siirila			Office: Lind Hall, Room 130B
Internet Services			E-mail: sfs at umn.edu
Office of Information Technology	Voice: (612) 626-0244
University of Minnesota			Fax: (612) 626-7593