[Dovecot] Building problem on FreeBSD with GSSAPI

pod pod at herald.ox.ac.uk
Wed Mar 28 23:13:05 EEST 2007

    TS> gw# krb5-config --version
    TS> FreeBSD heimdal 0.6.3 $Id: krb5-config.in,v 1.9 2002/09/09 22:29:06 joda Exp $
    TS> gw# krb5-config --libs gssapi
    TS> -L/usr/lib -lgssapi -lkrb5 -lasn1 -lcrypto -lroken -lcrypt -lcom_err

I'm not sure how much further I can help you since I don't have access to
any FreeBSD compilation environments.  Maybe someone else on this list can
at least either confirm success or report similar problems building
dovecot on FreeBSD 6.2.

Are you able to compile and link the appended C without error?

  cc $(krb5-config --cflags gssapi) -o gssapi.o -c gssapi.c
  cc $(krb5-config --libs gssapi) -o gssapi gssapi.o

If not then it's probably not a dovecot specific problem.

--------------------
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <gssapi/gssapi.h>

int
main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
  OM_uint32 rc_major, rc_minor;
  gss_name_t name;

  rc_major=gss_import_name(&rc_minor, GSS_C_NO_BUFFER, GSS_C_NO_OID, &name);

  return EXIT_SUCCESS;
}