[Dovecot] Bug-report for rc28: Mailbox isn't a valid mbox file

Erik van Oosten e.vanoosten at chello.nl
Wed Mar 28 23:47:09 EEST 2007

Hi,

When I try to open the attached mbox file I get the following warning in
Thunderbird 1.5.0.10:
'The current command failed. The e-mail server responded: Mailbox isn't
a valid mbox file'.
I also tried this with squirrelmail, with the same result.

The Dovecot version is dovecot-1.0.rc28, compiled from source. The
attached mbox was correctly read from, and written to in earlier
versions (either rc15 or rc22, I am not sure).
The initial import was done (a long time ago) by copying a file from my
Thunderbird profile directory.

OS: SuSE 10.0, x86
Filesystem: ext3, (no NFS)

Output of dovecot -n:
------------------------------------
# /usr/local/etc/dovecot.conf
disable_plaintext_auth: no
login_dir: /usr/local/var/run/dovecot/login
login_executable: /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap-login
mail_location: mbox:~/mail:INBOX=/var/spool/mail/%u
auth default:
  passdb:
    driver: pam
  userdb:
    driver: passwd

Can I somehow recover the data in this mbox?

Regards,
     Erik.

--
Erik van Oosten