[Dovecot] who owns dovecot files and dirs?

Stewart Dean sdean at bard.edu
Thu Mar 29 22:50:32 EEST 2007

...and what permissions should they have.  I am thinking of
/var/run/dovecot and the index directory.
What ownership, group and permissions should they be?  Are there any
other files/dirs created for dovecot alone (not the mail folders and
INBOXes); if so, how should they be owned and permed?
I had thought they were to be owned by dovecot, but it turns out that
they should not

--
====
Stewart Dean, Unix System Admin, Henderson Computer Resources