[Dovecot] Version numbering

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Fri Mar 30 02:05:48 EEST 2007

On Thu, Mar 29, 2007 at 10:47:30PM +0100, John Robinson wrote:
> On 29/03/2007 22:27, Axel Thimm wrote:
> >On Thu, Mar 29, 2007 at 09:43:48PM +0100, John Robinson wrote:
> >>[...] If you use ATrpms packages, you
> >>ought to have read the support details (i.e. testing latest software,
> >>works for Axel, don't complain to him).
> >
> >No, please do complain to Axel, if something in ATrpms is broken :)
>
> Oh well, I thought yellow packages were "works for me" status, so on
> that basis one ought not to complain to Axel for anything other than
> packaging problems. If I've got it wrong, I apologise.

Yes, yellow status is "testing" as in "works for me, but maybe not yet
for the majority of users, so it stays in the testing repo until it
matures or is otherwise granted to be released to the stable
repo".

Part of the maturing and granting a higher stability marker on the
package is the feedback from users, both positive and negative :)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net