[Dovecot] Courier-imap + dovecot simultaneously?

Troy Engel tengel at fluid.com
Tue May 1 23:47:58 EEST 2007

Gunter Ohrner wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 29. April 2007 schrieb Charles Marcus:
>> outlook express), one accessing his account through courier, and one
>> through dovecot, so he can compare the speed...
>
> Doing a whole batch of operations with each server before trying the same
> with the other server for comparison purposes will probably reflect
> reality much closer.

I posted some ad hoc numbers to the list back in February, one machine
Courier and the other Dovecot using Squirrelmail as the frontend.

http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2007-February/019560.html

Now that the server ("Server B") is in production with 1.0.0, the users
are seeing fantastic speed gains. Even just emptying the trash feels a
whole lot snappier than ever...

-te

--
Troy Engel | Systems Engineer