[Dovecot] Does dovecot do any address checking or referring back to a server?

Wade Smart wadesmart at gmail.com
Thu May 3 17:21:59 EEST 2007

This is a dovecot question so bear with me.

I just upgraded to Ubuntu 7.04 from 6.06.
I used fetchmail and postfix but not dovecot on 6.06.
Fetchmail retrieved my mail and postfix put it in my maildir.
I used Evolution to access the maildir directly.
I setup Evolution to send mail directly as well.

With this move I decided to go the extra step and get dovecot working.
With some help on this form, I did that. But, I immediately started
having trouble with getting my mail.
Fetchmail is retrieving it but postfix keeps not processing for some reason.
Im geting these error message:
May  2 17:14:11 wadesmart postfix/qmgr[14778]: 6D4AD14286F3:
to=<wadesmart at mail.wadesmart.com>,
orig_to=<wade at localhost>,
 relay=none,
delay=9331,
delays=9307/25/0/0,
dsn=4.4.1,
status=deferred (delivery temporarily suspended: connect to
smtpout.secureserver.net[64.202.165.58]: Connection timed out)

The thing is - Im not sending mail at all through postfix.

So my question is, I know that dovecot only serves up email to a mail
client but, does it do something that I have totally missed that would
some how or some way refer mail back to a server? Is there some type
of address check or something going on?

I know Im grasping at straws here but, I have been unable to get help
from the postfix list or any list for that matter so if I can
eliminate one more piece of the puzzle, all the better.

Thanks.