[Dovecot] Sieve not recognizing keywords

Alexander Hoogerhuis alexh at boxed.no
Fri May 4 07:02:39 EEST 2007

First, I've been lurking and using dovecot for a few years now and I've
always liked it, great piece of software! :)

I've finally decided to clean up my act here and get virutal users and
get postfix (2.3), dovecot (1.0.0) and deliver to play nice, using
postfixadmin. I have it 99% there, but one thing is left:

When I receive mails, deliver finds my virtual home dir and then tries
to compile the sieve script (converted from procmail with the script
mentioned in the wiki), and then always bums out on this:

sieve parse error: line 3: Unsupported features in require line

and line 3 looks like this:

require ["fileinto","regex","envelope","vacation"];

which should be fine?

Then I googled around and found this thread from january:
http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2007-January/018376.html

Which made it sound like the sieve plugin 1.0.0 had a bug that got fixed
in 1.0.1.

I am doing all of this on Gentoo, so I decided to just redo the ebuild
so that I got the dovecot 1.0.0 ebuild, but with the sieve plugin 1.0.1.
Aparently I get the same error and now am at a loss here. Any pointers?

-A